GOLETO MUSEUM PARK
The construction of the monastery dates back to the 12th century. In the following centuries the place experienced a great splendor until in 1348, due to the plague, it began a slow decline. Between the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries the monastery was enlarged but, with the suppression of the monastic orders wanted by Napoleon Bonaparte in 1807, the structure was again abandoned. The competition aims to reconfigure the exterior of the monastery through an architecture capable of giving continuity to the story. The museum, and its park, will have to configure the existing area, enhancing the place and proposing a new identity. Rooms for conferences, didactic laboratories and exhibition spaces will constitute the endowments of a building for culture that becomes an ideal bridge between the eras.