About the Company
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand that exemplifies bold, progressive ideals and a seductive, and often minimal, aesthetic. We seek to thrill and inspire our audience while using provocative imagery and striking designs to ignite the senses.
Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, we have built our reputation as a leader in American fashion through our clean aesthetic and innovative designs. Global retail sales of Calvin Klein products exceed $8 billion in 2015 and were distributed in [over] 110 countries. Calvin Klein employs over 10,000 associates globally. In 2003, we were acquired by PVH Corp., one of the largest apparel companies in the world.
The Shop-in-Shop (SIS) team is part of the Retail Store Development Department which services the design and implementation of retail corners at department stores across Western and Eastern Europe as well as Middle East and Africa. With over 400 projects realised in 2017, this is a fantastic opportunity to experience the fast paced working environment of a global fashion label.
Calvin Klein Shop-in-Shop Internship: As SIS intern, you will support Project Managers in the design and construction of running SIS projects within the parameters of the global concept guidelines. In the role you will be exposed to a variety of tasks both design focused and project management and administrative related tasks. The role will require flawless coordination, planning, budgeting and logistics to deliver the brand concept to the highest level. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic and international environment.
• Assist the Project Managers with reviewing initial sketch/lay-out and liaise with Concept Team, Project Manager and Manager
• Liaising with cross functional teams on creating schematic designs, participating in design reviews under the guidance of Project Managers
• Attend and actively participate in weekly Design Review meetings
• Assisting in project administrative tasks throughout the duration of projects, including file management
• Execute general office procedures, setting up projects and processing orders for items associated with store launch
• Database Management – Raising purchase orders for project related costs in the online database
• Build strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Support the Senior Project Manager in special projects for the team and for personal development
• Attend site visits to store openings
Desired Skills and Job Requirements:
• Start date for the internship: January-February 2018. Duration: 6 months
• The candidate should be enrolled in a school or university for the entire period of internship
• The candidate should be eligible to work in the EU
• Excellent command of the English language (written & spoken)
• Strong communication & interpersonal skills
• Team player
• Excellent organizational skills, especially planning and time management
• Strong communication skills in order to communicate efficiently and effectively with representatives from various countries.
• Open-minded and international mindset
• Ability to prioritize & multi-task
• Interest in the retail/fashion industry Software:
• Revit (Not mandatory but preferred)
• Adobe Creative Suite
• Microsoft Office Suite
• 3D Design and Rendering Software Skills