DUS is an ambitious, Amsterdam-based architecture practice focusing on technological innovation, bespoke design, social structures and sustainability. We are a growing international team of designers, architects, software programmers, hands-on thinkers, 3D print experts and inventors. DUS is currently working on a range of international projects from airport interiors to sustainable flex-buildings; interactive installations and 3D print product development. Through design and technology we build new alliances and solutions with big impact for our planet.
DUS is looking for a highly motivated architectural parametric design talent with eye for detail. The ideal candidate is a positive person and a team player, well organized and eager to learn new skills. Good presentation, design and 3D modelling skills are a must.
Required character & skills:
• Have a curious, positive and active personality with a strong interest in digital fabrication, materials, design and product development;
• Have strong 3D modelling, scripting and rendering skills;
• Excellence in Rhino & Grasshopper is a must;
• Knowledge in Python is appreciated;
• Have excellent analytical, conceptual, and creative design skills;
• Be ambitious, hands-on and eager to grow within the company;
• Have a master degree in architecture or design;
• Have proven parametric design skills on an architectural scale;
• Love to connect the virtual design tools with the actual digital fabrication tools;
• Have excellent communicative skills in English – confident in both written and verbal – understanding of the Dutch language is an asset;
• Have professional (international) experience.
What we offer:
• A fulltime contract and salary according to qualifications and experience;
• Very good & healthy lunch, fun & inspiring company events and free stays in our 3D printed Urban Cabin;
• An international, innovative and energetic working environment where architects, software developers, robot & 3D print experts and product designers working together under one roof at a dynamic location in Amsterdam.
Interested in joining our team:
Send your application to email@example.com, subject ‘Application Parametric Designer – your name’ with attached a single .pdf (max 5Mb) containing:
• Letter of interest with specific description why and how you want to join our team
• Selection of most relevant projects you worked on (maximum four)
• Selection of images and/or projects that personally inspire you (maximum four)