Junior Designer Showroom Concepts
PVH Europe BV zoekt een:
PVH is one of the largest apparel companies in the world. With a history going back over 130 years, PVH excels at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages.
PVH is over 30,000 associates operating across 40 countries and speaking 20 languages with over $8 billion in 2014 revenues. PVH owns and markets the iconic Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger,Van Heusen, IZOD, ARROW, Speedo*, Warner’s and Olga brands and, in addition, markets a variety of goods under its own and licensed brands.
PVH Europe is home to the global headquarters of Tommy Hilfiger and the European offices of Calvin Klein. The company is founded on a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that’s fueled by passion, creativity and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Creative Services is responsible for the architectural & interior design of showrooms, wellness & workplaces for PVH.
Creative Services subsequently works hand in hand with (country based) Project Managers in order to execute and deliver all projects.
With regards to showrooms, Creative Services is also responsible for the design, execution & delivery of seasonal concepts (these change 4x year), on a global scale for TH and on an European scale for Calvin Klein.
Additionally, Creative Services is responsible for the design & roll-out of digital showrooms globally and for the design of HQ/ wholesale architectural projects.
- Reporting into the Manager- Showroom concepts & design, the Junior designer- showroom concepts devises & designs display concepts in support of the seasonal collections, in line with the global design brief and divisional VM requirements.
- He/she is also involved with the tendering, execution & delivery of all concepts.
The process thereof includes:
- Research on given themes and/or product focuses
- Communication with Divisional merchandising teams in order to identify/ define the seasonal product focuses & all related VM requirements
- Drawing up concepts & upon internal sign off, translating these into tangible designs
- Assisting the execution & delivery of these concepts to the Amsterdam flagship showrooms as well as supporting by remote for delivery to global showroom locations (30+). This includes creating design packs, providing artworks & graphics for printing/production, creating required technical drawings in support of FF&E elements and communicating with all related vendors.
- Communication with peers to support said local execution & delivery
- Assisting the manager & the coordinator with all related sourcing, tendering & budgeting as well as all related project schedules
- The Junior designer- showroom concepts is a constant source of innovative ideas & solutions. He/she works in close collaboration with the team’s coordinators as well as Divisional merchandising teams (Mens,Womens, Kids, Jean, Sport, UW/Swim, Tailored, FW/Acc), the VM teams & the Facilities/ showroom operations teams.
He/ she must be a natural people person, with excellent verbal & written communication skills.
He/she must have relevant & goal-focused work experience ( 3 years minimum).
He/she must be comfortable interacting & working directly with suppliers, freelancers, temporary staff & international colleagues alike.
He/she must possess an absolute eye for detail & perfection as well as be thoroughly organized & capable of working on multiple projects at the same time.
Lastly, the Junior designer- showroom concepts must be aware of developments in the field, be in tune with competitors, be in synch with his/her time & be able to apply all this knowledge to his/her projects.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in devising concepts & managing
design projects (windows/ VM/ events or similar)
Passionate & knowledgeable about the fashion, interior & fashion design fields
- Demonstrated energy, drive, determination and persistence; ability to multitask
- A hands-on attitude
- Absolute team player
- Strong eye for detail and a natural sense of design/ styling
- Open minded with a global design mindset
- Organizational skills
- Ability to use design programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch Up, Cinema 3D)
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal (English a must; Dutch or other languages a +)
- Independent, quick thinker & solutions’ driven
- Able to work within a large international company and a fast-paced environment
- Used to working under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Flexible/ adaptable in mindset & work methods
- Flexible about tasks, working hours & project type
- Pro-active, enthusiastic & dedicated