Whitespace Architects zoekt een:
WSA’s studio in Amsterdam is seeking a Senior Design Architect to join our team. As a Designer, you will be responsible to exercise extreme creative will power to research, innovate, and resolve architecture on various contents. This position is meant for someone that is already drawn to the studio’s type of architecture and can help extend the office’s realm of expertise.
This is the perfect opportunity for a creative individual with a strong design background and strong graphic skills to join an established international team of professional designers, drafters, and engineers.
- Bachelor of Architecture with Minimum 5-8 years’ experience in design related activities, including concept, preliminary and developed design, production of concept massing and drawings, able to analyze environmental constraints and resolving program issues.
- Have knowledge about international codes.
- Must have an in-depth working knowledge of Sketch-up and/or Rihno.
- Advanced graphic skills in Illustrator, CAD, Photoshop and the like.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Prepare innovative architectural design solutions across a range of projects.
- Work closely with project team and assists to complete project on aggressive schedules and manage the production of creatively documented design reports.
- Provide architectural design input to others within the Architectural team.
- Collaborate with multi-discipline technical teams.
- Coordinate and manage the technical output of other disciplines in the project designs.
- May be required to supervise the work of other members of the team.
- Working closely with the Senior Architects in the design, coordination and draft of a project.
- Report direct to Senior Architect/Principle.
To apply for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter together with a recent photograph with the following information:
- Cover Letter :: Questions what makes you a Designer? More importantly why are you the best fit for this role?
- A comprehensive portfolio “PDF” not more than 25 pages and resume.
Whitespace is design studio made up of architects, designers, builders, and thinkers operating within the fields of architecture, planning, urbanism, and design. Our architecture emerges out of a careful analysis of how contemporary lifestyle constantly evolves and changes. To further our understanding of architecture and develop new ways to see, design and make the products around us, Whitespace commits substantial resources toward proactive research and development proposals. Working closely with the client and users we experiment to find the best organization of program, site and context.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: architecture: 8 years (preferred)
Location: Amsterdam (required)