KCAP B.V. zoekt een:
Job title: Computational Designer (junior/intermediate)
Years of experience: 2+ years
Location of team: Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Starting date: November 2020
Are you passionate about the integration of technology, software, and computation in the design process? You think that computational design is an excellent means of dealing with complexity, one of the main challenges in the world of architecture? Are you curious about housing, open city, mobility, and the circular economy and you have proven expertise in parametric design, BIM deployment, and the translation of design data at all scales?
Then you are the perfect fit to work independently in a collaborative environment to develop and teach new tools for a diverse team of designers between our two offices (Rotterdam and Zurich).
YOUR EXPERTISE WHICH WILL STRENGTHEN OUR TEAM:
- You are fluent in English and you recognize yourself in at least 75% of the skills mentioned below
- You have preferable 2–3 years of professional experience improving design workflows/dataflows
- Practical experience at the interface of architecture, public space and urban design Experience building parametric, evolutionary and/or generative design workflows is important
- Advanced knowledge of Rhinoceros 3D/Grasshopper (and ideally Revit/Dynamo)
- Knowledge to write code in Python and/or C# is highly valued
- Experience with the Rhino Common/Grasshopper APIs, Rhino.Inside (and/or Revit/Dynamo APIs)
- Good skills with industry-standard design and graphics software
- Experience with the design and delivery of digital tutorials
- You are a voracious learner and problem-solver that can develop and assist teams with digital design tools for our international office and projects
- You have good communication skills to work within smaller teams and helping the larger office to implement new digital tools
YOUR DAILY BUSINESS:
In the first 3 months:
- Integrate into the Computational Design team and learn about our overall design strategy
- Support diverse project teams with new digital design workflows, build scripts, connect software
- Support the office with inspiration, news, updates and mini tutorials about computational design
- Develop connections across all our software from graphics, renderings, animations and VR
In the first 6 months:
- Develop and implement new workflows and dataflows for office-wide use
- Proactively find new ways to improve computational design workflows
- Develop custom code and/or components that support specialized projects or office-wide workflows
- Your daily task will be the development, implementation, and presentation of advanced workflow strategies & analysis tools to help our office coordinate the design and delivery of buildings, public spaces, urban plans and information models.
WHAT WE OFFER
- work as an integral member of our larger Computational Design team, in a pleasant working environment with a strong solidarity
- the freedom to shape your ideas
- The ability to be among and learn from a team with over 30 years of experience on design projects that span Architecture, Landscape and Urban Design.
HOW TO JOIN
Please submit your cover letter (max. 1 A4), a CV (max. 1 A4) and portfolio, all digitally in PDF
Send your submission to: email@example.com
Deadline to apply: 25 October 2020
KCAP is a leading international design firm specialized in architecture, urban design and landscape design, founded in 1989 by Kees Christiaanse. For over 30 years we are international design experts in defining cultural landscapes, for our current and future generations. We design with a free-thinking state of mind to improve complex urban environments with the human dimension as our focus. With 20 different nationalities our team of 100+ highly enthusiastic colleagues works on improving future landscapes from our offices in Rotterdam, Zurich and Shanghai.