researcher / systems analyst
CITYFÖRSTER architecture + urbanism zoekt een:
Cityförster is looking for a Dutch-speaking researcher/systems analyst to join our team in Rotterdam, NL for the ongoing research project Carbon-based Design. We are an international architecture and urban design firm with offices across Europe. Our team comprises young and driven professionals from a variety of backgrounds and countries. They work alongside people from our global network on projects that improve life in cities and make our urban environments healthier and more sustainable. We challenge ourselves to push boundaries, find smart solutions, and address social, economic, and environmental issues from a spatial perspective.
It was from this background that we started our research project into the possibilities of decreasing the carbon footprint – not only of our own buildings but of the built environment as a whole: buildings, cities, and landscapes. Because instead of being part of the problem of Climate Change, we want to be part of the solution. And because we feel that one building alone cannot save the world. Cityförster Rotterdam is therefore looking for an experienced, enterprising, and highly ambitious researcher/systems analyst with a broad outlook to help us on our mission.
What value will you add?
- Fluency in Dutch & English is required.
- Must have a pragmatic and hands-on approach to solving problems and dig deep into existing data.
- You know how to structure a large amount of information in a systematic way to support your conclusions.
- Willing to grow into an important role of the team and take on responsibilities within a short time.
- Good writing and communication skills.
Knowledge and interest
- Passionate about social and environmental issues in architecture, urbanism, and connected topics. If there is new information, you know where to find it.
- Thorough understanding of the circular economy and systems thinking and you have knowledge of the Dutch legal and extra-legal frameworks MPG, MKI, BREEAM, etc..
- You bring the ability to present data in an easily understandable, graphical form.
- You combine a complementary background for example in industrial ecology with an education/experience in architecture and urbanism and are therefore able to look at and understand these topics as a whole.
What can you expect from us?
A fascinating part-time position (28 – 32 h a week – freelancing also possible) at an international firm with a public mission: the desire to make the world a better place. You will be given the freedom to use your talent and creativity and apply your expertise to drive our firm’s growth in the years to come. Depending on your background and experience, we will make you an offer appropriate for this position and based on your knowledge and experience.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter, CV, and portfolio to Rookje Meijerink email: email@example.com, before Monday March 1st 2021. You will find more information about Cityförster on our website www.cityfoerster.net.