Business Development Manager
MVRDV zoekt een:
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager with a broad network specifically in Dutch real estate and development, to join our global team based in Rotterdam.
This is us
MVRDV is a globally leading architecture and urbanism practice based in Rotterdam with offices in Shanghai, Paris & Berlin. Founded by Winy Maas, Jacob van Rijs and Nathalie de Vries in 1993, we create social, innovative, realistic, green and remarkable architecture for a changing world. We believe that our work makes the world a better place by realizing dreams that actively contribute to global urgencies. We are a dynamic, ambitious and growing organization with currently 250 staff.
Job profile of the Business Development Manager:
- Focus your efforts on development opportunities for MVRDV in the Netherlands
- Generate new business and develop the network – with a range of focus from commercial to urban projects
- Develop proposals, presentations and strategy for new opportunities to further MVRDVs success
- Actively support the Business Development team at large
- You will report to the Global Head of Business Development
- You will join a talented team of business developers which is part of the Strategy and Development studio and work to further the success of MVRDV
This is you
- You have a Master’s degree in a subject related to real estate, urban planning, landscape architecture or architecture.
- You need to be action-orientated and always adapt a positive ‘can-do approach’ in the work you do.
- You must be a motivated self-starter and have confidence in taking ownership of a number of projects.
In addition, you:
- Are a native or fluent Dutch speaker with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have a strong network in commercial real estate and / or cultural real estate in the Netherlands, with further connections to urban planning and design opportunities
- Have a minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar role in the building industry related to business development
- Have knowledge and experience of project management aspects such as scope, process, planning, costs, risks, stakeholders, procurement in architecture, interior architecture and urban planning projects
- Have a track record in the generation of leads, business ideas and production of competitive proposals
- Convert marked feed-back in structural improvements and strategies
- Have excellent communication, organizational, negotiation and pitching skills
- Have excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Are adept at working with the Adobe Creative Suite, MS Word, Excel and Power Point
What we offer
Beyond the opportunity to work with a global and ambitious company:
- An exciting international working environment
- An appropriate salary, considering your skills and personal value to the organization. The salary is determined by the collective agreement for staff employed by architecture (Architecten CAO)
- Training and development opportunities
- Regular excursions and parties
- Public transport allowance for journeys between home and work
- An attractive pension scheme (Architects Pension)
- 30 paid holiday days for a 40-hour working week
- A healthy lunch and great communal activities such as sports
A test can be part of the interview process, which will be executed in Dutch and English.
MVRDV is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to treat all employees and applicants equally, regardless of gender or marital status, color, nationality or ethnic origin, religion or religious belief, sexual orientation, disability or age.
Please add your motivation letter in Dutch. Apply via the form, click here.