Studio for New Realities zoekt een:
We are looking for an experienced urbanist with strong design skills for our growing office in Rotterdam. You have extensive knowledge and proven experience of the wider design and delivery process for masterplanning in the Dutch context. As an urbanist, you will work on several running masterplanning projects, contributing specifically when it comes to the structuring and practical elaboration of our plans.
New Realities stands for maximising quality of life, to create a living environment that is more humane, more responsible, and more enjoyable. As strategic designers, we take a role as urbanist and architect, as programmist and as spin doctor. For us, design is action – and every intervention must add value. This is why our visions, strategies and designs are always a combination of spatial form (hardware), usage (software), and organisation (orgware). Read more about our mission, attitude and projects.
The studio consists of ca. 12 people. As a design squad we take on projects both large and small: urban design, architecture, creating communities, living and working environments and public space. The team consists of specialists with diverse backgrounds, from urban planning, architecture and design research to strategic design for sustainability, programme and community. This interdisciplinary approach allows us to approach each project from different perspectives, enabling us to create integrated plans with true impact. Everyone in the team contributes to making our studio a pleasant and inspiring workplace – both when it comes to content and to team spirit.
- Your design approach can be characterised as creative, strategic, and result-driven
- You are flexible, have a critical mind, take initiative and you’re quick to take action and switch between tasks
- Experience in all phases of the masterplanning process and regulations, specifically in the context of The Netherlands. Experience with masterplanning in an international context is an advantage
- Fluent in English (verbal and written); good command of the Dutch language is a strong advantage
- Professional degree in Urbanism and/or Architecture
- 2+ years experience, preferably 4+ years
- Strong Adobe Creative Cloud skills (including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- Skills in Vectorworks and/or Rhinoceros are an asset
What we offer:
- A position for 32-40h/week within a growing office, providing opportunities for personal and professional development
- Contribution to different types and scales of projects, ranging from masterplanning, to urban strategies, public space design, and research projects
- Salary and conditions in line with CAO Architectenbureaus
- A dynamic and creative atmosphere as part of our design squad
- A great working space in a creative environment, just outside the Rotterdam city centre and close to the Nieuwe Maas
If you share our mission and approach, and would like to be part of our team: send your portfolio with selected work (max. 5MB) and CV to email@example.com. Deadline: 23 June 2021. We will contact you in case we see opportunities.