Business Development Officer
Powerhouse Company International B.V. zoekt een:
We are looking for a Business Development Officer, who is ambitious and resourceful to further internationalise our company brand.
In this position, you will work alongside the partners as part of the communications team, to devise and implement business strategies.
Together with the partners, you will identify, cultivate, and solicit new business opportunities for the company, focusing on the specific markets relevant to the Rotterdam office. Meanwhile, you will be given the opportunity to represent Powerhouse to clients, peer organisations, and business associates; as well as handling day-to-day communications. Your role is to build and maintain client relationships, fine-tune performance targets and identify key areas of improvement.
You will be working full-time in the climate-resilient Floating Office Rotterdam, the largest floating office building in the world, with unbeatable views of the Rotterdam Harbor.
- Research and analyse potential business prospects, and work with the management team to develop plans to optimise business opportunities to its full potential;
- Write copy, collate, and create high-quality, convincing and appealing bid documents for tender responses, such as RFQ, RFP and etc.;
- Plan, prepare and manage pitches and presentations by engaging internal and external stakeholders;
- Assist in preparing and developing fee proposals, time schedules and project scopes;
- Develop, maintain and leverage a strong industry business network;
Participate in a wide range of professional and client organisations;
- Bachelor or Master degree in marketing, communications, architecture or relevant;
- 2 – 3 years working experience (internship included) in a similar role, preferably in an international company;
- Have good knowledge of A/E/C industry best practices and established industry network;
- An existing network of relevant contacts in Europe and beyond is a distinct advantage;
- Proven experience in prospecting and developing new business, by effectively building prospect lists and strong ability to transition prospects to clients;
- Advanced working proficiency in English and/or Dutch is a must; working proficiency in another language, such as Chinese, German and Norwegian, will be a plus;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and charismatic personality;
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- Proactive and can work both on individual tasks and within a team;
- Well organised and detail oriented;
- Willing to take ownership of given tasks;
Flexible and able to prioritize and multitask in an international working environment;
- Immediate availability is preferred;
- Working eligibility in the Netherlands is preferred.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to gain broad experience in an international architecture, design and real estate firm.