Studio RAP zoekt een:
We are immediately looking for a versatile, creative and ambitious full-time architect with a passion for computational design and excellent digital fabrication skills.
Studio RAP is an architectural design company where we combine the power of computational design with innovative digital fabrication methods. Our team consists of architects, designers, roboticists, programmers and researchers. Together we explore innovative technology and try to improve the way we design, produce, manage and build architecture. We are based in Rotterdam where we surround ourselves with robots in an industrial atmosphere where we can discover and realize challenging architecture. In close collaboration with our client we design from vision to detail.
We are currently looking for an architect to join our office in Rotterdam (NL). The ideal candidate should have great computational/parametric design and digital fabrication skills.
You how to translate the needs of our clients into an architectural concept.
You have a hands-on mentality, and experience in managing all stages of an architectural project, from concept to construction.
You will be part of a growing ambitious design team, working on all stages of our architectural projects. Ranging from creating design/architecture concepts in VR to production preparation for industrial robots. This position will enable you to continue growing your architectural role in the digital age. For example, we are currently designing and executing a high-end fashion store in Amsterdam (https://studiorap.nl/Ceramic-House) and two state-of-the-art passages in Delft
(https://studiorap.nl/New-Delft-Blue), both cladded with 3D printed ceramics.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Architecture;
- Fluent in English (presenting, speaking, reading, writing), Dutch is a plus;
- Outstanding architectural design skills;
- Outstanding knowledge of 3D modeling in Rhino and Grasshopper;
- Substantial experience in digital fabrication, 3d printing and industrial robotics;
- Experience in designing and making construction details and shop drawings;
- Elaborate BIM-knowledge, mainly Rhino -> .IFC workflows;
- Great rendering / visualization skills;
- Great communication skills;
- 5+ years of experience as an architect or project coordinator within a dynamic, international environment;
- Highly motivated, self-guiding and independent;
- Direct availability.
What we offer:
- You have the opportunity to work on computational/parametric architectural projects that will be realized;
- You have the opportunity to work on projects with tools like grasshopper, VR, 3D printers, lasercutters and industrial robots;
- You are part of a creative, fresh, professional and academic working environment;
- You have 30 annual holidays, with a holiday allowance in addition to your annual salary;
- Salary according to collective work agreement (CAO Architecten).
Do you want to inspire people everywhere around the world with extraordinary architecture? Do you get enthusiastic about the projects we design and realize? Don’t hesitate and send us your motivation letter, CV and portfolio!